This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Have these bonds been cashed?

Monday, August 23, 2004

Have these bonds been cashed?

I am executor for my late aunt. While going through her financial paperwork, I found a record book of Series E bonds she purchased during the years 1942 through 1946. I have not found the actual certificates for these bonds. How can I find out if the bonds have been redeemed or if they are still active and need to be redeemed as part of her estate? We are about to bring her will to probate and need to clarify the status on these bonds. I do have the bond numbers for the bonds. Tom's response Be glad that your aunt left you documentation that includes serial numbers. Since you have those, you can send a signed request asking for the status of the bonds, a copy of the list of the bonds with serial numbers, and a copy of your aunt's death certificate to: Bureau of the Public Debt P. O. Box 1328 Parkersburg, WV 26106-1328 They'll let you know whether the bonds have been cashed or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment