This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Transfers between series

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Transfers between series

I assume it's possible to transfer Series EE Savings Bonds to either Series I bonds or Treasury securites. If so, is it possible to avoid taxes on the accured interest by doing that transaction? Tom's response Actually, there's no direct method of making a transfer like this. All you can do is redeem one and purchase the other. Taxes would be due on redemption.


Post a Comment