This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Cashing Savings Bonds Internationally

Monday, October 04, 2004

Cashing Savings Bonds Internationally

I own U.S. Savings Bonds that I'd like to redeem, but I don't live in the U.S. What do I do? Tom's response Print a copy of Public Debt Form 1522 - Special form of request for payment of United States savings and retirement securities. Read the instructions on the last page of the form, fill it out, and take it and the Savings Bonds you want to redeem to your local bank. Ask the bank to certify your signature both on the form and on back of the Savings Bonds. You can send the form and bonds to any of the addresses listed in the instructions. The Treasury will send you a check you can deposit at your bank.


Post a Comment