This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Name change issues

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Name change issues

I have several EE bonds with my former name on them. (I have divorced and retaken my maiden name.) Will this cause a problem when I redeem my bonds? Tom's response When you redeem the bonds you need to be able to prove you're the owner. So as long as you have some documentation about your name change, you should be ok. If you want, you can have the registration changed to your new name. For Series EE savings bonds, use Public Debt 4000 for this. There's a link to it on this page about changing the registration on Savings Bonds.


Post a Comment