This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Unclaimed Savings Bonds

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Unclaimed Savings Bonds

I found a Savings Bond inside a donated book. Where do I send it, so I can get it back to its owner? Tom's response Usually a Savings Bond will have both a name and mailing address on it, but I assume this one has only a name, or you wouldn't have written me. In that case, send it to the unclaimed property department of your State Treasurer's office. Their role is to get it back to the owner. A search on Google for "[your state] State Treasurer Unclaimed Property" will get you the address to send it to.


Post a Comment