This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: 1099-INT or 1099-B?

Thursday, December 02, 2004

1099-INT or 1099-B?

When a Series EE or Series I savings bond is redeemed, do you get a 1099-INT or is it a 1099-B as if it were a sale? How is the redemption reported on your tax return? Tom's response It's a 1099-INT. You report it on Schedule B as interest earned.


Post a Comment