This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Changing the SSN for HH bond interest

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Changing the SSN for HH bond interest

I'm working with a client whose husband has died. They were co-owners of a number of HH bonds. She isn't ready to update the registrations on the bonds yet, but needs to change the Social Security Number that the interest is reported under from his number to hers. What form do we use for this? Tom's response If all you want to do is change the SSN that the HH bond interest payments are reported under, use a W-9. Click here for a page on the Treasury's web site about updating the SSN on HH bonds. That page includes both a link to the W-9 form and a link to the address to send it to.


Post a Comment