This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Savings Bond to charity

Friday, December 03, 2004

Savings Bond to charity

I have several series EE savings bonds registered in my name purchased in the early 90's. I would like to reregister the bonds to a charitable organization. Can this be done and if so what do I need to do to make this happen? Tom's response The re-registration will cause a taxable event, which I suspect is something you're expecting to avoid. But if not, then click here and scroll about halfway down the page that appears for the form for changing the owner of a Savings Bond.


Post a Comment