This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: 1099-INT for Savings Bonds

Friday, January 21, 2005

1099-INT for Savings Bonds

I cashed in some savings bonds last year at my bank. Who will send me the proper paperwork so I can add the interest to my federal income tax? Tom's response You should receive a 1099-INT tax form from the bank that cashed your bonds. Some banks give you this at the same time that they cash the bonds and others send them out in January. If you don't find or receive it by early February, ask your bank for a replacement copy.


Post a Comment