This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: Putting savings bonds into a trust

Friday, January 07, 2005

Putting savings bonds into a trust

I'm looking for the form I need to put my savings bonds into a family trust. Tom's response What you're looking for is Public Debt Form 1851 Request to Reissue United States Savings Bonds to a Personal Trust. Read the instructions carefully. To avoid paying income tax on your savings bonds' accumulated interest, you have to certify that under the trust, you will be treated as the owner of the portion of the trust represented by the tax-deferred accumulated interest on the bonds being reissued.


Post a Comment