This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: 1099s for Series H and HH bonds

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

1099s for Series H and HH bonds

My father-in-law converted some mature EE bonds to HH bonds in 2002. Shouldn't we get a 1099 with the interest information each year? If we do not get the 1099 who should we contact to get one? Tom's response Yes, you should get a 1099-INT, but only for the interest the HH bonds pay to your father-in-law twice a year. If you're not getting the 1099 automatically, the Treasury has a web site for HH bond issues where you can get one. There's a link to this web site from my page on the features of Series HH Savings Bonds.


Post a Comment