This blog has moved. Click here to go to the new blog.

Savings-Bonds-Alert: I Bonds hit 72.2% of sales in October

Monday, November 21, 2005

I Bonds hit 72.2% of sales in October

Investments in Savings Bonds in October were $531.6 million. This is an annual investment rate of $6.38 billion, essentially unchanged from the 2005 fiscal year rate. However, Series I bonds made up 72.2% of the total October investments, which is the highest share they've had since October 2003, when the I bond share reached 81.7%. Given that EE rates were lowered on November 1 while the composite I bond rate was raised, look for the I bond share to reach its highest level ever during the next six months. Savings Bond Alert readers have access to an online updated monthly sales chart. Check your Book Notes for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment